Helping Families that Need it Most
As members of the lower mainland community, and as the owners of the waste removal and recycling company , it became very clear to us that an abundant source of quality second-hand household items were going straight to the dump. Thing’s like couches, dressers, beds and more, were just going to waste when they could be helping a less fortunate family in need. We decided this needed to change, and out of that change sprouted the Better Cause Society, with the goal of redistributing these goods to families who need it most.
We aim to help as many single parents on income assistance, newly immigrated or refugee families, women from transition homes, and any other less fortunate families in the lower mainland as we can. However, we currently have limited storage space, but we hope to obtain a warehouse space in 2020.
How Does it Work?
Every week our sister company collects quality second hand furniture and house hold goods, and the Better Cause Society, along with volunteers from across the lower mainland help to redistribute these items.
- Item’s are collected or donated to our foundation
- We inventory and then store these items, ready to be given to a family free of charge
- A sponsor for your family fills out and submits the referral form (or you might be eligible to register as an international applicant)
- We’ll call you or your sponsor once approved
- We’ll call the family in need to schedule delivery for the items direct to their house, and in most cases can be set up for them.
We Also Help International Students and Family
As a newly immigrated family, refugee, or student it can be very challenging to find a charitable organization with the capacity to sponsor you for our assistance. With that in mind, we’ve setup a seperate application specifically geared towards this, where no sponsor or social worker is neccesary. Simply submit your application and on approval, we will be ready to assist your family in any way we can.